makes 2 servings (serve w/salad for dinner, or double for breakfast for the family)
1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 asparagus spears (5 ounces) cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon freshly chopped herbs
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a medium sized frying pan over medium-high heat for one minute or until hot.
2. Add asparagus and saute for 3 minutes or just until tender
3. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes or until begins to brown
4. add garlic and saute for 1 minute
5. add remaining oil if needed
6. Pour beaten eggs overs vegetables
7. combine herbs and salt and sprinkle over the mixture. Allow to set about 30 seconds.
8. Lift the edges of the omelet and tilt the skillet, allowing any uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes, or until eggs are set.
9. Fold the omelet over and remove from the skillet. Serve immediately (great with chopped tomatoes as a garnish!)
From Recipes For Repair by Gail and Laura Piazza (Shared by a CSA Member)