- salad greens
- goat cheese to taste (I prefer the honey goat cheese, also can use feta cheese)
- Place beets into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool, then cut in to cubes. (You can also roast the beets in the oven. Cut beets into cubes, cover with olive oil and wrap in tin foil. Roast in oven at 350 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes or until soft.)
- While the beets are cooking, place the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the maple syrup. Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Place a large helping of greens onto each of four salad plates, divide candied walnuts equally and sprinkle over the greens. Place equal amounts of beets over the greens, and top with dabs of goat cheese. Drizzle each plate with some of the dressing.