4 to 5 medium potatoes,chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 small or 1/2 medium onion, chopped
1-1/2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons margarine (optional)
1 (15-ounce) can sweet corn, or to taste
1 cup meat crumbles (optional but adds lots of flavor)
salt, to taste
1. Chop all of the vegetables to a blender-manageable size.
2. In a pot, place potatoes, carrot, onion, celery, and garlic. Fill the pot with just enough water to cover the vegetables. Boil until vegetables are very soft, about 15 minutes.
3. In a pan over medium heat, place crumbles; cook until crumbles have dried out dry out a bit. (Drying them out helps them retain their flavor, rather than just absorbing a bunch of liquid and tasting like the rest of the soup.)
4. When everything is soft, pour the water and the vegetables into a blender and puree until it is as smooth as it is going to get. Pour this back into your pot and return to stove.
5. Stir in margarine, then canned corn, salt, and pepper, then the crumbles. You can add whatever vegetables you like.
Makes: about 5 bowls, Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes
Recipe from vegweb.com