Produce and egg shares: You can choose one of two options for the winter program. You can sign up in 7 week sessions or sign up for the full program which is 21 weeks long. **Please note that we have the week of Christmas and New Years off and do not pack any boxes during those weeks. **Produce and egg shares are a weekly pick up.
- Full Session (21 weeks): The week of October 31, 2016 – April 3, 2017.
- Session # 1 (7 weeks): The week of October 31, 2016 – December 12, 2017.
- Session # 2 (7 weeks): The week of January 2, 2017 – February 13, 2017.
- Session # 3 (7 weeks): The week of February 20, 2017 – April 3, 2017.
Meat shares: You can choose one of two options for the winter program. You can sign up for the full program or by sessions. **Meat is a monthly pick up.
- Full Session (5 deliveries): The week of November 14, December 12, January 9, February 13 and March 13.
- Session # 1 (2 deliveries): The week of November 14 and the week of December 12.
- Session # 2 (2 deliveries): The week of January 9 and the week of February 13.
- Session # 3 (1 delivery): The week of March 13.
Pick Up Locations:
- Bronson Hospital: Pick up at the Terrace Café on Thursday’s from 2pm – 6pm. ***Employees only. Please read the Bronson CSA page for more information on the Bronson CSA pick up.
- Holland: Pick up at our farm. The address is 5888 120th Ave, Holland, MI 49424. Tuesday’s from 10am – 6pm.
- Spring Lake: Pick up at Seven Steps Up. The address is 116 S Jackson Street, Spring Lake, MI 49456. Tuesday’s from 5pm – 6:30pm. During the winter months the pick up takes place inside the building most weeks.
Cost for the Winter CSA:
- Produce Share – Full 21 week program: $315
- Produce Share – 7 week sessions: $105
- Egg Share – Full 21 week program: $68.25
- Egg Share – 7 week session: $22.75
- Beef/Pork – Full Program (5 deliveries): $375
- Beef/Pork – Session # 1 (2 deliveries): $150
- Beef/Pork – Session # 1 (2 deliveries): $150
- Beef/Pork – Session # 3 (1 deliveries): $75
- Chicken – Full Program (5 deliveries): 162.50
- Chicken – Session # 1 (2 deliveries): $65
- Chicken – Session # 2 (2 deliveries): $65
- Chicken – Session # 3 (1 delivery): $32.50
We are now offering one share size for our produce share. (The produce share is the same size as the previous half share.) It is hard to tell exactly how many people that it will feed, but we would guess 2 – 3 people. It depends on how often you plan to use the produce, how many people are in your family and how much they eat. There will be 6 – 8 items included in the produce box each week. Variety and quantity of produce will vary depending on the time of year, field conditions and weather. In order to give you the best variety of produce we will be working together with area farmers. To see the complete list of what could possibly be in the shares please see the Produce Calendar located near the bottom of the FAQ page on the website. **Please note that this is primarily a vegetable share and it will generally be a small serving of fruit each week.
Meat shares will include a variety of beef and pork cuts. Meat deliveries are once per month. The share includes about 12lbs of beef and pork each month. The cows are out in the pasture and are fed corn, veggie scraps and grass from the pasture. The pigs are fed corn and veggies scraps. Beef is processed at Byron Center Meats and pork is naturally cured and processed at Devries Meats. Meat will come vacuumed sealed and frozen.
Chicken shares include about 10lbs of chicken with each delivery. Chicken deliveries are once per month. We are working together with Otto’s chicken to provide you with local chicken. Shares will include a variety of cuts. Here are a few examples: whole chickens, cut up into 8 pieces, cut in halves, leg quarters and thighs. Meat will come vacuumed sealed and frozen.
A trade box is available at the farm and Spring Lake drop off locations for produce shares. You can trade 1 item in your box for 1 item in the trade box per week.
For ideas of how to use your produce check out the recipe page on our website.
Our best guess of what is going to be included in your boxes the following week will be listed on our website on Saturday night. You can also find it on the CSA member facebook group. Please note this list is subject to change.
Newsletters with recipe ideas and happenings from the farm will be emailed to the shareholders on Monday’s. Please make sure to add email@example.com to your address book to ensure that you receive the emails.
If you forget to pick up your box you must email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 795-2571 and come by the farm with-in 24 hours to pick up your box. The farm’s address is 5888 120th Ave, Holland, MI 49424. If we are not notified with in a day your box will be donated or sold. We will not replace your box if you forget to pick it up.
Please let us know one week before you will be gone and you can get a double box another week of your choice during the current program. You can also have someone else pick up your box. Please make sure that they mention your name when they come to pick up. If no prior arrangement is made the produce will be sold or donated for that week.
Please read the FAQ page on the website for more information on the programs.
READY TO SIGN UP? Click HERE to sign up and pay with a credit card online. Click HERE to print off the form that can be mailed if you would like to pay with check. Please mail check and form to 12251 Tyler Street, Holland, MI 49424.
Any questions on our winter CSA program you can email email@example.com or call (616) 795-2571.