Original Recipe Yield 8 to 10 servings
- 3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 eggs whites, beaten
- 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
3. In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Serve over spaghetti
From a Holland CSA Member. Note from CSA Member: This was good! I followed the reviewers advice on allrecipes.com and salted the sliced eggplant for 20 minutes, rinsed it before dipping in the egg, apparently it removes the bitterness.