3–4 strips bacon
2 large potatoes or the equivalent
½ onion, chopped into bits
3 cloves garlic, chopped into bits
1 generous bunch of leafy greens (kale, chard, spinach, whatever is fresh)
Hot pepper flakes (essential, depending upon your palate)
1. Cut the bacon into medium-size bits and start frying it over high heat.
2. Wash the potatoes, cut out the bad bits; peel if you must. Score them with a fork and put them in the microwave whole for 2 to 4 minutes until they are almost done.
3. Chop the heated potatoes into medium-size chunks and add them to the skillet (with the bacon). Stir to evenly coat them in the bacon fat.
4. Let potatoes cook with the bacon for a few minutes. When the potatoes start to crisp up, add the onion bits and garlic. Stir.
5. When everything is just about ready, fry the eggs in another skillet.
6. At the last minute, add the greens to the potato, bacon, and mushroom mixture. Stir, allowing the heat of the other ingredients to cook them just slightly.
7. To serve, add a whopping spoonful of the vegetable mixture to a plate. Add grated cheese (if you wish). Add the egg. Add a splash of hot pepper flakes (if you wish).
From a Park Township CSA Member