- 4 sweet peppers
Cut 1/2 inch off top of peppers and discard seeds. Steam the whole pepper in 1 inch boiling water until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Removed peppers from water and set aside.
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- In large fry pan sauté in 1 tablespoon oil.
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (minced after seeds removed)
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (chopped; or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sale
- 1 bay leaf
Add and cook 5 minutes
- 2 cups corn
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
Add and simmer 10 minutes. Place peppers in oven proof dish so they stand upright, cut ends up. Stuff peppers with vegetable mixture. Any extra filling can be placed in dish next to peppers.
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
Sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 degrees to heat through, 20 minutes.
From: Simply In Season by Mary-Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert