The best is yet to come… We are planning to have a fantastic variety of produce available for the fall and winter CSA program!
Several pick up locations are available:
- Muskegon: At the Muskegon Farmers Market on Saturday’s from 9am – 12pm **Please note this pick up is available for the 1st session only.
- Grand Haven: At NOCH on Tuesday’s from 3:15pm – 4:15pm. Pick up takes place in the ambulance driveway behind the hospital.
- Grand Rapids: Near the Downtown Market. The address is 451 Valley Ave NW, Grand Rapids, 49504. Pick up will be on Tuesday’s from 5-8pm.
- Spring Lake: At Seven Step’s Up on Tuesday’s from 5pm- 7pm. Pick up takes place either in the building or by the back deck.
- Holland: At our Farm on Holland’s north side on Wednesday’s from 1pm – 6pm. Address is 5888 120th Ave, Holland.
- Park Township: At the Park Township office (inside the building) on Wednesday’s from 11am – 1pm.
- Kalamazoo: At the Kalamazoo Bank Street Market (November) and Kalamazoo Winter Market (December) on Saturday’s from 9am – 12pm. **Available for the 1st session only.
Fall/Winter CSA Dates:
Produce and Eggs: You can choose one of two options for the Fall/Winter program. You can sign up in 7 week sessions or sign up for the full program which is 21 weeks long. If you sign up for the full 21 week program by October 20, 2013 you will receive a gift after the program begins. **Please note that there are no boxes packed the week of Christmas and New Year’s.
- Full Fall/Winter Program: Week of November 4, 2013 – April 7, 2014.
- Short Session # 1: Week of November 4 – December 16, 2013.
- Short Session # 2: Week of January 6 – February 17, 2014.
- Short Session # 3: Week of February 24 – April 7, 2014.
Beef/Pork: You can choose one of two options for the Fall/Winter Program. You can sign up in 7 week sessions or sign up for the full program which is 5 deliveries. **The meat share is a monthly pick up on the second full week of each month.
- Full Fall/Winter Program: Week of November 4, 2013 – Week of March 11, 2014 (5 deliveries, 11/12/13, 12/10/13, 1/14/14, 2/11/14 and 3/11/14.)
- Short Session #1: There is 2 pickups for short session # 1. The pickup will be the week of 11/12/13 and 12/10/13.
- Short Session #2: There are 2 pickups for short session # 2. The pickup will be the week of 1/14/14 and 2/11/14.
- Short Session #3: There is 1 pickup for session # 3. The pickup will be the week of 3/11/14.
Costs for the Fall/Winter CSA
- Produce – Full 21 Weeks: Full Share – $483.00, Half Share – $315.00.
- Produce – 7 Week Sessions: Full Share – $161.00, Half Share – $105.00.
- Eggs – Full 21 Weeks: $63.00.
- Eggs – 7 Week Sessions: $21.00.
- Meat – Full 5 month program: Full Share – $500.00, Half Share – $260.00.
- Meat – Session 1: Full Share – $200.00 and Half Share – $104.00.
- Meat – Session 2: Full Share – $200.00 and Half Share – $104.00.
- Meat – Session 3: Full Share – $100.00 and Half Share – $52.00.
It is hard to tell exactly what size share will feed your family. It depends on how often you plan to use the produce, how many people are in your family and how much they eat. The half shares are just over half of what is included in the full shares. We say that half shares will feed about 2 – 3 people and full shares will feed about 4 – 5 people. To get an idea of how much produce is included in the boxes each week please see examples below from the boxes during previous years.
There will be 8 – 10 items included in the produce box each week. Variety and quantity of produce will vary depending on the time of year, field conditions and weather. We do plan to have 1 type of fruit in the box each week. In order to give you the best variety of produce we will be working together with area farmers. To see the complete list of what could possibly be in the shares please see the Produce Calendar. **Please note that this is primarily a vegetable share and it will generally be a small serving of fruit each week.
Meat shares will include a variety of beef and pork cuts. Meat deliveries are once per month. The full share will include about 8lbs of beef and about 8lbs of pork each month. Half shares will include about 4lbs of beef and about 4lbs of pork each month. All meat is locally raised by our brother Rob. The cows are out in the pasture and are fed corn, veggie scraps and grass from the pasture. The pigs are fed corn and veggies scraps. The animals are not given any growth hormones. Beef is processed at Byron Center Meats and pork is naturally cured and processed at Devries Meats. Both are USDA inspected facilities. Meat will come vacuumed sealed and frozen.
A trade box is available at select drop off locations for produce shares. You can trade 1 item in your box for 1 item in the trade box per week.
Recipes can be found on our RECIPE PAGE.
What is included in the produce boxes each week will be listed on our Facebook page and in the newsletters each week. Please note that what is listed on facebook is typically correct, but it may change due to the field conditions.
Newsletters with recipe ideas and happenings from the farm will be emailed to the shareholders weekly. Please make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure that you receive the emails.
No work is required by CSA Members.
Please read the FAQ page on the website for more information on the programs.
Payment plans can be set up! Email email@example.com for more details.
Please fill out the form online. You can pay for your share online with a debit or credit card. You can also mail a check to 11086 Port Sheldon, Holland MI 49424. Please make the check payable to Crisp Country Acres. If you have any questions please feel free to call Mitch at (616) 218-5760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Produce Example Shares:
Full Share – December: 3 tomatoes, 1 1/2 lb broccoli, 3lb Yukon gold potatoes, 1lb spinach, 2lb candy beets, 1 celery root, 2 fall squash, 2lb kohlrabi.
Full Share – February: 1/2lb Salad mix, 8 apples, 3lb fingerling potatoes, 2lb carrots, 2lb turnips, 2 onions, 2lb parsnips, 1 bunch parsley.
Half Share – December: 1/2lb spinach, 2 delicata squash, 1/2lb red radishes, 1lb kale, 2lb red skin potatoes, 1 1/2lb carrots 1lb broccoli.
Half Share – February: 1/4lb salad mix, 6 apples, 2lb russet potatoes, 1 1/2lb carrots, 1/2lb turnips, 1/2lb red radishes, 1 celery root, 1 onion.
Meat Example Shares:
Full Share – 1lb sausage links, 1lb brats, 1lb bacon, 1 pork shoulder roast, 2lb pork chops, 2lb ground beef, 2lb hamburger patties, 3lb steaks, 1lb stew meat.
Full Share – 2lb ham slice, 2lb pork steaks, 3lb pork chops, 1lb bacon, 4lb ground beef, 1 roast, 1 1/2lb steaks.
Half Share – 1lb bacon, 2lb ham slice, 1 pork steak, 2lb ground beef, 2lb steak.
Half Share – 1lb sausage links, 1lb brats, 2lb pork chops, 2lb hamburger patties, 1lb steak, 1lb stew meat.