CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) encourages you to get to know your farmer and know where your food is coming from. Our members experience locally grown produce, eggs and meat in a new way and learn to eat with the seasons. Customers become members of the farm by buying shares before the season begins. In turn, the farm provides shareholders every week during the season with a variety of farm goods to enjoy. Shareholders support a local family farm, the local community and receive local produce each week. Shareholders are also exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking. After trying new veggies shareholders often find that they really enjoy vegetables that they would have never purchased or tried before.
Produce and egg shares: You can choose one of two options for the winter program. You can sign up in 7 week sessions or sign up for the full program which is 21 weeks long. Please note that we have the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years off and do not pack any boxes during those weeks. **Produce and egg shares are a weekly pick up.
- Full Session (21 weeks): The week of October 30, 2017 – April 9, 2018.
- Session # 1 (7 weeks): The week of October 30, 2017 – December 18, 2017.
- Session # 2 (7 weeks): The week of January 8, 2018 – February 19, 2018.
- Session # 3 (7 weeks): The week of February 26, 2018 – April 9, 2018.
Meat shares: You can choose one of two options for the winter program. You can sign up for the full program or by sessions. **Meat is a monthly pick up.
- Full Session (5 deliveries): The week of November 13, December 11, January 15, February 12 and March 12.
- Session # 1 (2 deliveries): The week of November 13 and the week of December 11.
- Session # 2 (2 deliveries): The week of January 5 and the week of February 12.
- Session # 3 (1 delivery): The week of March 12.
Pick Up Locations:
- Bronson Hospital: Pick up at the Terrace Café on THURSDAY from 2pm – 6pm.
- Holland: Pick up at our farm. The address is 5888 120th Ave, Holland, MI 49424. Pick up is WEDNESDAY from 10am – 6pm.
There will be 6 – 8 items included in the produce box each week. Variety and quantity of produce will vary depending on the time of year, field conditions and weather. We do plan to have 1 type of fruit in the box each week. In order to give you the best variety of produce we will be working together with area farmers. **Please note that this is primarily a vegetable share and it will generally be a small serving of fruit each week.
Beef shares includes 6lbs of various cuts of beef each month. Beef is locally raised and processed at Byron Center Meats. Meat shares are delivered once per month.
Pork shares include 6lbs of various cuts of pork each month. Pork is locally raised and processed at DeVries Meats. Meat shares are delivered once per month.
Chicken shares include 6lbs of meat in a variety of chicken cuts each month. The chicken is raised by Otto’s Chicken in Middleville, MI. Meat shares are delivered once per month.
A trade box is available at select drop off locations for produce shares. You can trade 1 item in your box for 1 item in the trade box per week.
To find out what will be included in the CSA boxes you can join the farm CSA facebook group. You can also look on the blog section of the website. The list will be posted on Saturday night. What is included will also be listed in the newsletter that is emailed out on Monday nights. **Please note what is included in the boxes may change.
If you will be gone a week and are unable to pick up your box please email email@example.com one week before you plan to be gone. You can then get a double box another week during the current session. Please let us know one week before you would like the double.
Shareholders are responsible to pick up the shares on the day and time that they are scheduled. If you forget to pick up your share you need to contact us with in 1 day to make other arrangements for pick up at the farm. No credit will be given for boxes that are not picked up.
Example produce shares:
- November: 1 head of lettuce, 2lb potatoes, 1lb Brussel sprouts, 1 fall squash, 2 yellow onions, 1lb fresh cranberries, 1 head of broccoli.
- December: 1 bunch kale, 6 apples, 1lb brussel sprouts, 1 bunch leek, 2lb potatoes, 1lb parsnips and 1 fall squash.
- January: 6 apples, 1lb dry beans, 2lb potatoes, 2 red onions, 1lb carrots, 2lb turnips and 1 bunch swiss chard.
- February: 6 apples, 1 celery root, 1 bunch of parsley, 2lb potatoes, 1 bunch of leek, 2lb carrots and 1lb or dry beans.
- March: 1 head of lettuce, 1lb radishes, 2lb rutabaga, 2lb potatoes, 6 apples, 1 yellow onion, 2lb carrots and 1 bunch of collards.