CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) encourages you to get to know your farmer and know where your food is coming from. Our members experience locally grown produce, eggs and meat in a new way and learn to eat with the seasons. Customers become members of the farm by buying shares before the season begins. In turn, the farm provides shareholders every week during the season with a variety of farm goods to enjoy. Shareholders support a local family farm, the local community and receive local produce each week. Shareholders are also exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking. After trying new veggies, shareholders often find that they really enjoy vegetables that they would have never purchased or tried before.
Gentex – Wellness Center on Wednesday from 11:00am – 12:00pm on Thursday.
You can choose one of two options for the summer program. You can sign up for a 6 week session or for the full summer program that is 12 weeks long. **Produce shares are a weekly pick up. There are not any boxes packed the week of Thanksgiving.
- Full Fall Program: Week of September 10 – December 10, 2018.
- Session # 1: Week of September 10 – October 15, 2018.
- Session # 2: Week of October 22 – December 10, 2018.
Costs of the fall produce baskets:
Full 12 Weeks: $216, 6 Week Sessions: $108.
- Newsletters will be emailed to shareholders every week with recipe ideas and information from the farm. **Please check your spam box for the newsletter if it does not come to your inbox.
- There will be 6 – 8 items included in the produce box each week. Variety and quantity of produce will vary depending on the time of year, field conditions and weather. We do plan to have 1 type of fruit in the box each week. In order to give you the best variety of produce we will be working together with area farmers. **Please note that this is primarily a vegetable share and it will generally be a small serving of fruit each week.
- To find out what will be included in the CSA boxes you can join the farm CSA facebook group. The list will be posted on Saturday night. What is included will also be listed in the newsletter that is emailed out on Monday nights. **Please note what is included in the boxes may change.
- If you will be gone a week and are unable to pick up your box please email email@example.com one week before you plan to be gone. You can then get a double box another week during the current session. Please let us know one week before you would like the double.
- Shareholders are responsible to pick up the shares on the day and time that they are scheduled. No credit will be given for boxes that are not pick up.
Wondering what these boxes will include? Here are some example baskets:
- 1 butternut squash, 2lb fingerling potatoes, 6 apples, 1 head of lettuce, 1 bunch of celery, 2lb carrots, 1 head of broccoli, 2lb beets.
- 1lb brussel sprouts, 5 apples, 1 bunch of kale, 1 acorn squash, 1 head of cabbage, 2lb parsnips, 2 yellow onions, 1/2lb potatoes.