Gentex employees can pick up their shares at the Wellness Center on WEDNESDAY from 11am – THURSDAY at noon.
You can choose one of two options for the winter program. You can sign up in 6 week sessions or sign up for the full program which is 18 weeks long. Please note that will not be any shares the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years. **Produce shares are a weekly pick up.
- Full Summer Program: Week of November 6, 2017 – March 26, 2018.
- Short Session # 1: Week of November 6, 2017 – December 18, 2017.
- Short Session # 2: Week of January 8, 2018 – February 12, 2018.
- Short Session # 3: Week of February 19, 2018 – March 26, 2018.
- Full 18 week program: $324
- 6 week sessions: $108
- Newsletters will be emailed to shareholders every week with recipe ideas and information from the farm. **Please check your spam box for the newsletter if it does not come to your inbox.
- There will be 6 – 8 items included in the produce box each week. Variety and quantity of produce will vary depending on the time of year, field conditions and weather. We do plan to have 1 type of fruit in the box each week. In order to give you the best variety of produce we will be working together with area farmers. **Please note that this is primarily a vegetable share and it will generally be a small serving of fruit each week.
- To find out what will be included in the CSA boxes you can join the farm CSA facebook group. The list will be posted on Saturday night. What is included will also be listed in the newsletter that is emailed out on Monday nights. **Please note what is included in the boxes may change.
- If you will be gone a week and are unable to pick up your box please email firstname.lastname@example.org one week before you plan to be gone. You can then get a double box another week during the current session. Please let us know one week before you would like the double.
- Shareholders are responsible to pick up the shares on the day and time that they are scheduled. No credit will be given for boxes that are not pick up.
- November: 1 head of lettuce, 2lb potatoes, 1lb Brussel sprouts, 1 fall squash, 2 yellow onions, 1lb fresh cranberries, 1 head of broccoli.
- December: 1 bunch kale, 6 apples, 1lb brussel sprouts, 1 bunch leek, 2lb potatoes, 1lb parsnips and 1 fall squash.
- January: 6 apples, 1lb dry beans, 2lb potatoes, 2 red onions, 1lb carrots, 2lb turnips and 1 bunch swiss chard.
- February: 6 apples, 1 celery root, 1 bunch of parsley, 2lb potatoes, 1 bunch of leek, 2lb carrots and 1lb or dry beans.
- March: 1 head of lettuce, 1lb radishes, 2lb rutabaga, 2lb potatoes, 6 apples, 1 yellow onion, 2lb carrots and 1 bunch of collards