Included in the CSA boxes this coming week will be: cranberries, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, celery, onions, carrots, lettuce and broccoli.
For more recipe ideas check out our website!
Fresh Cranberry Sauce
1. Boil 1 1/2 cups sugar and 2 cups water together for 5 minutes.
2. Add 1 pound (4 cups) fresh cranberries and boil with out stirring until all skins pop open. (About 5 minutes.)
3. remove from heat and cool.
Yield: 4 cups
From: The Berry Bunch
• 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat. Pour onto a baking sheet, and place on center oven rack.
• Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black, when done. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if necessary. Serve immediately.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- • 3 c. mashed, cooked sweet potatoes
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 c. whole or evaporated milk
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. flour
- 1 c. chopped pecans
Combine first 7 ingredients. Place in a casserole dish. Make topping by combining the last 4 ingredients. Sprinkle on sweet potatoes. Bake a 350 degrees approximately 35 minutes. Variation: Top with marshmallows instead of topping.
We hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!