- 3 large beets
- 1 large onion
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 box of pasta, cooked
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive oil
1. Roast the beets and onion together (skins left on) until the beets are fork tender. Leave about 1/2 inch of the tops attached to the beets. It works in the oven as well as the crock pot.
2. Allow the beets to cool until they are safe to handle but still warm. Rub off the skins with a paper towel or rag (that you don’t mind being dyed by the beet juice), and trim off the stems. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
3. Peel the roasted onion and chop into bite-sized pieces.
4. Mix 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil with 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
5. Toss the cooked pasta, beets, onion, with the chopped rosemary and balsamic vingear. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more balsamic vinegar and olive oil to taste if needed.
6. Grate parmesan cheese over the bowls before serving.
This can be served warm or cold.