Tomatoes are in their prime. We have tons of hot peppers, sweet peppers and onions. Whether you like to can salsa to enjoy during the winter months or you love fresh salsa we have you covered!
Never made fresh salsa? Here is my favorite quick & easy recipe for you to try.
Do you have a favorite salsa recipe? If so, please let us know! We can add it to the collection of recipes on the website.
Few new fall items will be hitting the market tables this Saturday.
Spaghetti squash, parsnips, gold beets & leeks are now being harvested. Find these new items and all your summer favorites at the Muskegon Farmers Market, Kalamazoo Farmers Market & our farm store this weekend!
Enjoy this beautiful weekend,
– The Visser Family
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, green bell peppers, white onion, cilantro, lemon juice and jalapeno pepper. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Do you need to make your pickles yet? NOW is the time! Do you need a special size? Give the farm a call and order them. We will get them sorted & ready for you.
Never canned pickles before? Don’t have any canning equipment? My grandma makes refrigerator pickles that are so easy to make and don’t require any canning equipment. Here is the recipe. Give them a try this weekend.
The market tables will be FULL this week. Ready to make your grocery list? Here is what you can expect:
Beans (Green, Yellow & Purple)
Pickles – Time to can your pickles! We will have dill available as well.
New Potatoes (Butterball, Red Skin, White & Blue)
Peppers (Sweet Bell & Jalapeno)
Lettuce (Green Leaf, Romaine & Red Leaf)
Carrots (Orange & Rainbow)
Candy Sweet Onions (The BEST on the grill!)
Not sure where you to find us? Here is a market schedule.
Thank you for supporting your local farmers. Have a great weekend!
– The Visser Family
Well, it feels like it has taken a LONG time to get here, but summer has arrived and we have finally have the temperatures to match!
We started harvesting new potatoes a couple weeks ago. These potatoes are a favorite for many of our customers. Wonder why we call them “new” potatoes? The potatoes are dug while the plants are still green.
The skins on the new potatoes have not had a chance to cure and are extremely tender. The potatoes are also very creamy. It is important to note that because the skins are so sensitive, they need to be stored in a bag/container in the fridge.
Here is a picture of harvesting new potatoes. They are dug with the potato digger then picked up by hand.
The cool/wet weather has set some of the crops back, but we have new produce popping up every week. Some of the new things include:
- Green, Yellow & Purple Beans
- New Potatoes
Strawberries are looking great. We also have lots of asparagus, radishes, sweet onions, greens, tomatoes & peas.
Plan a trip to the markets this weekend and stock up on all the fixings you need for you 4th of July parties. Wondering where you can find us? Here is a market schedule.
Thank you so much for your support & we look forward to seeing you soon!
– The Visser Family
Have you heard? Michigan strawberries are ready!
They look beautiful, smell amazing, and taste even better.
The season always goes by quickly, so make sure you stop by the farm or markets some time in the next few weeks to pick up a quart or flat!
We love to add them to our salads and eat them fresh right out of the field.
Strawberry shortcake is also a favorite. Here is our favorite shortcake recipe. We enjoy it a couple times each season topped with fresh berries.
What is your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?
As we move into the summer season it is time to start thinking about preserving the summer harvest for those cold winter months!
Here is our canning & freezing guide to make sure you don’t miss out on preserving any of your favorites.
Despite the cold/rainy weather the crops we have in the fields are looking great! We are harvesting lots of greens, rhubarb, green onions & spring sweet onions. Tomatoes and cucumbers from the greenhouse.
Coming soon…sugar snap peas, new potatoes, broccoli and strawberries.
All of the summer markets are open now! You can find our market schedule HERE.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for supporting our farm!
Rhubarb season is here and this easy rhubarb apple crisp is a favorite in our house.
- 3.5 cups rhubarb chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients together in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour into a 9 x 9 glass baking dish and set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients and mix thoroughly. Crumble evenly over the filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
We hope that you enjoy this spring favorite just as much as we do! 🙂
The outdoor markets are opening this week and we are SO EXCITED!
We have been counting down (literally) to the opening day of the outdoor farmers market and it has finally arrived!
Here is our market schedule for this summer:
- Muskegon Farmers Market: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday | 7am – 2pm.
- Kalamazoo Farmers Market: Saturday | 7am – 2pm.
- Trufant Market: Thursday | 7am – 12pm.
- Crisp Country Acres Farm Store: Monday – Saturday | 8am – 6pm.
Wondering what to expect to find on our market tables? Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Salad Mix
- Salad Cucumbers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Swiss Chard
- Potatoes (tons of varieties!)
- Hanging flower baskets
- & so much more!
Come on out to the markets, enjoy some family fun and pick up your groceries for the week as well!
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Knowing what to feed your family is hard. Getting your kids to eat healthy food can be tough. We understand and are here to help! Sign up HERE.
Our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program encourages you to get to know your farmer and know where your food is coming from.
- Enjoy real food that tastes AMAZING! We often hear that our food tastes so much better than food from the grocery store.
- Try new foods & new recipes.
- Eat more produce – You will eat what is in your fridge!
- Support a local farm & your community
We have 2 options available!
You Choose – Farmstand CSA
Do you want to be able to pick out your own produce? Are you going to be gone quite a bit, but still want to join a CSA? Our Farmstand CSA is for you!
- Come to any of our market locations
- Come when works for you.
- You choose your share from everything we have available
- Bring home healthy local food & support a family farm.
- Pick up at the Muskegon Farmers Market, Kalamazoo Farmers Market & our farm store.
Weekly Produce Baskets – Traditional CSA
Do you want to incorporate more high quality produce into your families diets? These presorted boxes will have a variety of veggies and fruit for you and your family to enjoy each week.
- Encourage you to eat more produce.
- Try new produce you otherwise might not have tried.
- Try new recipes.
- Pre-packaged for quick & convenient pick up.
- Pick up at our farm store.
Any questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to a summer full of delicious food!
Our farmstand CSA is perfect for you if…
- You want to pick up at our farmers market locations.
- You want to be able to pick out your share.
- You need flexibility on when you pick up your share.
- You want to feed your family local, healthy food & save money at the same time!
Find out all of the details in this VIDEO. We talk about customers most frequently asked questions and show you exactly how it works.
Ready to sign up? Click here for a summer full of great food!