- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 ounce grated Parmesan
1. Strip the kale leaves from the tough stems. Discard the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Rinse well in a colander, leaving the water on the leaves.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until it’s golden and aromatic (3-4 minutes). Transfer the garlic to a dish and reserve.
3. Reheat the oil over medium heat, then add the kale and the broth. Cover and simmer until the kale is tender (3-4 minutes). Season with the salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving platter and top with the garlic and Parmesan, if desired.