- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups steamed cubed beets, ½- to 1-inch cubes
Combine brown sugar, orange juice, butter, salt and pepper in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until the sugar and butter are melted and starting to bubble. Stir in beets and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and the beets are coated with glaze, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
This recipe works will with carrots as well!