- 1lb fresh turnips
- 2 tbsp low calorie butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fat free vegetable broth
1. Peel turnips, remove stem, and slice thickly
2. Simmer them in salted water for about 10 minutes. They should be just tender when you take them out of the water.
3. Drain them very well. Heat some butter in a skillet and brown the turnips in it.
4. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and brown sugar, turning the turnips around to get colored. Add stock as needed to make a thin glaze. Taste to adjust seasonings.
5. Chop parsley or celery leaves and sprinkle over turnips. Serve hot.