- 3 medium kohlrabi, bulbs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt fresh ground pepper 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Peel the kohlrabi by cutting off the top and bottom, and peeling with a potato peeler.
2. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices into chunks.
3. Place in a bowl.
4. Cut avocados in half lengthwise.
5. Tap the blade of a heavy knife in the pit, twist to remove, and discard.
6. Quarter and peel avocados, then cut into chunks.
7. Drizzle lime juice over avocados to prevent browning and to add flavor; set aside.
8. Whisk together green onion, balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Pour dressing over kohlrabi and mix to cover.
10. Mix together the chunked avocados and the kohlrabi mixture.
11. Make a bed of the salad on four plates, and sprinkle each with feta cheese.