The past month has been crazy busy. Between work, all of the school activities and drivers training (I am still in a bit of denial that my daughter is driving.) – easy meals that I can prep ahead have been a must.
Here are a few of the go-to recipes that I have used:
Chicken Noodle Soup
1lb of cooked chicken
3 Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Parsnip (peeled and chopped)
2 stalks Celery (chopped)
1 Onion (diced)
2 teaspoons Garlic (minced)
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
8 cups Chicken Broth
8 ounces Egg Noodles (uncooked)
2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Place the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley in a crock pot. Pour the chicken broth over the top. (I have also added potatoes and cabbage)
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Add the egg noodles.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, then serve.
Chicken Pot Pie
1 package pie crust
1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10-ounce can cream of potato soup
1 can of chicken or 1lb cooked chicken
- 1lb or so of cooked veggies. (I use carrot, celery, beans & potatoes)
½ cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
Mix chicken, milk, vegetables, soup, salt & pepper. Pour into pie crest and to with cheese. Cover with top crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min – 1 hour. I love that I can make this in the morning put in the fridge, then bake when I get home.
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded & cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss squash with olive oil in large bowl. Season with salt.
- Arrange coated squash on baking sheet.
- Roast in oven until squash is tender and lightly brown. About 25 – 30 minutes.
Crockpot Sausage, Beans & Potatoes
- 1- pound smoked sausage or Italian sausage
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 5-6 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Wash and cut potatoes into small cubes. I choose not to peel the potatoes however you can if you prefer.
- Cut smoked sausage into bite size pieces
- Wash and cut up fresh green beans
- Toss potatoes, sausages and green beans into the crockpot
- Pour in a cup to a cup and a half of chicken stock and season to taste with the seasoned salt.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours