- 1 pound greens such as collards, chard or kale.
- 2 pounds potatoes, chopped & scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fat-free buttermilk
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Remove tough stems and any wilted or yellow leaves from greens. Wash leaves well and cut into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a medium bowl. Crush with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon and set aside. Add the greens to the boiling water and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Dry the pot, add oil and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cooked greens and toss with the garlic. Stir in the crushed potatoes and buttermilk. Season with salt and pepper.