- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper
- 2 bunches swiss chard, stems trimmed, leaves cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Melt butter and oil in heavy large pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add swiss chard; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook until tender (stirring occasionally) about 8 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon onto chard.
- Season to taste with salt.