- 12 slices bacon
- 2 sliced hard cooked eggs
- 6 cups hot diced cooked potatoes
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- chopped parsley for garnish
Dice 6 slices of the bacon. Fry diced bacon along with the 6 whole slices in a heavy skillet. Remove whole slices to drain on paper towels; set aside.
Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, vinegar, and water; slowly add to diced bacon and bacon grease in the skillet, cooking and stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened. Pour over hot potatoes and eggs; add green onions and toss lightly to mix. Garnish with bacon slices and a little chopped parsley; serve hot.
German potato salad serves 6.