- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 kohlrabi, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces thick ham, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Pinch of mace (can substitute ground nutmeg)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the diced kohlrabi and gently cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
2 Beat the egg yolk, and whisk in the heavy cream, flour, mace, salt and pepper until well combined.
3 Place half of the cooked kohlrabi on the bottom of an oven-proof casserole dish. Layer on the diced ham and parsley. Top with the remaining kohlrabi. Pour the sauce ingredients over the kohlrabi and ham.
4 Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve immediately.