- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 small kohlrabies (about 1 pound), peeled and coarsely shredded (3 cups)
- 1 medium red or green sweet pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely shredded (1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- Fresh thyme
1. In a large skillet melt margarine or butter. Stir in shredded kohlrabi, chopped red or green sweet pepper, and shredded carrot. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Stir in the 1/4 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan or Romano cheese, if desired. Garnish with fresh thyme. Makes 4 servings.