- 8 radishes, trimmed
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, without stems
- 1 teaspoon chives, snipped
- fresh lemon juice salt ground black pepper 6 -8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 trimmed radishes
- coarse salt
- For the filling, finely chop the radishes in the food processor (or hand grater). Place in a large sieve or colander. Press with paper towels to drain and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together until fluffy (I used the food processor); add drained chopped radishes, parsley, chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and cream again.
- Cut crusts from bread and cut into small squares or rounds. Spread with filling, and garnish with sliced or whole radishes coated with coarse salt.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.