- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 large parsnips (about 1 lb.)
- 6 medium beets (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided • 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup bottled olive oil-and-vinegar dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh arugula
Preheat oven to 400°. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Peel parsnips, and cut into 1/2- inch slices. Peel beets, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Toss sweet potatoes and parsnips with 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl; place in a single layer in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Toss beets with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil; arrange beets in a single layer on a separate aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or just until tender. Let cool completely (about 20 minutes). Meanwhile, whisk together dressing and next 3 ingredients. Place vegetables in a large bowl, and drizzle with desired amount of dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled over arugula with any remaining dressing.
Recipe from Southern Living: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/roasted-root-vegetable-salad shared by a Park Township CSA Member.