- 1 to 2 pounds Swiss chard, thoroughly washed and drained
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil (2 tablespoons per pound of chard)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Ground black pepper
1. Remove leaves of chard from their stems; chop stems into bite-sized pieces.
2. Stack or roll the leaves together and slice them into smaller strips using a sharp knife.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Place olive oil, chopped chard stems and minced garlic in skillet and saute 4 to 6 minutes.
4. Add the chard leaves a bunch at a time as you stir. Once all the leaves are in the skillet, cover with a lid and allow to cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, or until the greens look wilted.
5. Remove the lid. Turn heat to high and continue cooking approximately 2 more minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/352325